4-Hour ALM & Budgeting Training Classes
The Budgeting classes are from 2PM to 6PM EST, Basic ALM classes are from 9AM to 1PM and Advanced ALM classes are from 2PM to 6PM. Continental breakfast and snacks are provided during the 9AM classes and snacks and refreshments are provided during the 2PM classes. The June, July, September and October Training classes are the day(s) before Brick’s Strategic Conferences for your convenience. The May and November Training will be at Brick’s East Lansing office or the East Lansing Marriott depending on the class sizes. Our confirmation letter will specify the location of the May or November Training in East Lansing. Four CPE credits are available per 4-hour class in most states. Cancellations must be made at least 2 weeks prior for a full refund. Participants will need to bring ALM and/or Budget Reports specified in the confirmation letter to Training. No printers will be used.
Overnight room blocks have been arranged at the Marriott in East Lansing for the May, July, September and November classes. Call the Marriott at (800)-228-9290 or (517) 337-4440 and reference the “Brick & Associates Block” for our $150/night rate plus tax. A free Marriott shuttle to and from the Lansing Capital City Airport can be reserved. The Lansing Airport is 15 minutes from the Marriott and the Marriott is 1.5 miles from Brick’s office. The Detroit Metro Airport is 1.2 hours from East Lansing. If needed, the Michigan Flyer Bus service is convenient to take from the Detroit Airport to the East Lansing Marriott. The round-trip bus cost is $54 if the ticket is purchased online at miflyer.com. Or, call the MI Flyer Bus for reservations at 517-333-0400.
Overnight room blocks have been arranged at the Bellagio in Las Vegas in June and in October at the Mohegan Sun in CT the days before our Strategic Conferences. Refer to the Education->Strategic Conference page for more details on all of the hotels where we are hosting our Training and Conferences.
BASIC ALM Training 9AM-1PM:
- Review of ALM data input & imports
- RSFs, lags, CPRs, reinvestment & discount rates
- Ramp vs Immediate Shock in Income Simulation
- What is NEV analysis?
- BASIC ALM Policy Guidelines
- Interpreting NEV results with NMS valued at par
- What-if NEV is worse than in Supervisory Test?
- Shocked market values of assets & liabilities
- Contingency Funding Stress Testing
- Interpreting the Historical Key Ratios Report
ADVANCED ALM Training 2PM-6PM:
- Concentration Risk Policy’s updated Appendix A
- ADVANCED ALM Policy Guidelines, Internal Controls
- Building in a “margin of safety” in NMS assumptions
- Interpreting ALM Reports with NMS valuation
- What affects NMS premiums and the NEV results?
- Sensitivity Analyses–How do assumptions affect IRR?
- What affects NEV Supervisory Test results?
- Baseline & Contingency Funding Stress Test results
- What-If on new business strategies
- What-If for a Non-Parallel Yield Curve Shift
- Backtesting exercises to validate your ALM results
Budget Training 2PM-6PM, day before ALM Training:
- Review of Budget data input for CU/BUDGET-ware
- Develop and/or refine a balance sheet driven budget
- Discuss forecasting models & budget assumptions
- Integration with ALM Model
- Interpret Budget Reports