4-Hour ALM & Budget Software Training Classes
The Budgeting classes are from 2PM to 6PM EST, Basic ALM classes are from 9AM to 1PM and Advanced ALM classes are from 2PM to 6PM. Continental breakfast and snacks are provided during the 9AM classes and snacks and refreshments are provided during the 2PM classes. The June, July, September and October Training classes are the day(s) before Brick’s Strategic Conferences for your convenience. The May and November Training will be at Brick’s East Lansing office or the East Lansing Marriott depending on the class sizes. Our confirmation letter will specify the location of the May or November Training in East Lansing. Four CPE credits are available per 4-hour class in most states. Cancellations must be made at least 2 weeks prior for a full refund. Participants will need to bring ALM and/or Budget Reports specified in the confirmation letter to Training. No printers will be used.
Overnight room blocks have been arranged at the Marriott in East Lansing for the May, July, October and November classes. Call the Marriott at (800)-228-9290 or (517) 337-4440 and reference the “Brick & Associates Block” for our $156/night rate plus tax. A free Marriott shuttle to and from the Lansing Capital City Airport can be reserved. The Lansing Airport is 15 minutes from the Marriott and the Marriott is 1.5 miles from Brick’s office. The Detroit Metro Airport is 1.2 hours from East Lansing. If needed, the Michigan Flyer Bus service is convenient to take from the Detroit Airport to East Lansing Marriott. The round-trip bus cost is $54 if the ticket is purchased online at miflyer.com. Or, call the MI Flyer Bus for reservations at 517-333-0400.
Overnight room blocks have been arranged at the Bellagio in Las Vegas in June and in September at the Mohegan Sun in CT the days before our Strategic Conferences. Refer to the Education->Strategic Conference page for more details on all of the hotels where we are hosting our Training and Conferences.
BASIC ALM 9AM-1PM
- Importing data & data inputs for CU/ALM-ware
- RSFs, lags, prepayments, discount rates
- Why a ramp testing in Income Simulation preferred?
- Discuss market values of assets & liabilities
- BASIC ALM Policy Guidelines when NMS are at par
- Why is my NEV worse than in NEV Supervisory Test?
- Why actual rising mortgage loan rates hurt my NEV
- Understanding my Historical Key Ratios & peer data
- Using the Liquidity Guidelines Reporting Document
Budget Training 2PM-6PM, day before ALM Training
- Budget data inputs & imports into CU/BUDGET-ware
- Develop and/or refine a balance sheet driven budget
- Discuss forecasting models & budget assumptions
- Importing loan, investment & certificate runoff from ALM
- Interpret Budget Reports
ADVANCED ALM Training 2PM-6PM
- How to map loan, NMS, certificate type codes in Ver 11 for instrument level analyses
- Demo of Bond accounting imports from a CSV file
- Using Appendix A of the Concentration Risk Policy
- Setting Market Rates vs Reinvestment Rates in ALM
- ADVANCED ALM Policy Guidelines & Internal Controls
- Building in a “margin of safety” in NMS assumptions
- Interpreting NEV results when NMS valuation utilized
- Why is my NEV better than in NEV Supervisory Test?
- Baseline/Contingency Funding Tests’ assumptions
- What-Ifs on new business strategies
- Required What-Ifs and Sensitivity Analyses
- Backtesting exercises to validate your ALM results