4-Hour ALM & Budget Software Training Classes
The Budgeting classes are from 2PM to 6PM EST, Basic ALM classes are from 9AM to 1PM and Advanced ALM classes are from 2PM to 6PM. Continental breakfast and snacks are provided during the 9AM classes and snacks and refreshments are provided during the 2PM classes. The September and October Training classes are the day(s) before Brick’s Strategic Conferences for your convenience. The November Training will be at Brick’s East Lansing office or the East Lansing Marriott depending on the class sizes. Our confirmation letter will specify the location of the November Training in East Lansing. Four CPE credits are available per 4-hour class in most states. Cancellations must be made at least 2 weeks prior for a full refund. Participants will need to bring ALM and/or Budget Reports specified in the confirmation letter to Training. No printers will be used. Laptops are optional but encouraged.
Overnight room blocks have been arranged at the Marriott in East Lansing for the October and November classes. Call the Marriott at (800)-228-9290 or (517) 337-4440 and reference the “Brick & Associates Block” for our $156/night rate plus tax. A free Marriott shuttle to and from the Lansing Capital City Airport can be reserved. The Lansing Airport is 15 minutes from the Marriott and the Marriott is 1.5 miles from Brick’s office. The Detroit Metro Airport is 1.2 hours from East Lansing. If needed, the Michigan Flyer Bus service is convenient to take from the Detroit Airport to East Lansing Marriott. The round-trip bus cost is $54 if the ticket is purchased online at miflyer.com. Or, call the MI Flyer Bus for reservations at 517-333-0400.
An overnight room block has been arranged at the Mohegan Sun in CT in September the days before our Strategic Conference. Refer to the Education->Strategic Conference page for more details on all of the hotels where we are hosting our Training and Conferences.
BASIC ALM 9AM-1PM
- Importing data & setting assumptions in ALM
- Rate Sensitivity Factors, lags, prepayments, discount rates
- Ramp Test in Income Simulation
- Discuss market values of assets & liabilities
- BASIC ALM Policy Guidelines when NMS are at par
- Interpreting NEV results
- Why is my NEV different than in NEV Supervisory Test?
- Why actual rising mortgage loan rates hurt my NEV
- Understanding my Historical Key Ratios & peer data
- Using the Liquidity Guidelines Reporting Document
Budget Training 2PM-6PM, day before ALM Training
- Budget data inputs & imports into CU/BUDGET-ware
- Develop and/or refine a balance sheet-driven budget
- Discuss forecasting models & budget assumptions
- Importing loan, investment & certificate runoff from ALM
- Interpret Budget Reports
- Enhanced color Budgeting Reports
ADVANCED ALM Training 2PM-6PM
- Demo of mapping loan, NMS, certificate type codes & VR index codes for instrument-level analyses in Version 11
- Demo of Bond accounting imports from a CSV file
- Using Appendix A of the Concentration Risk Policy
- Current Market Rates vs Offer/Reinvestment Rates
- ADVANCED ALM Policy Guidelines & Internal Controls
- Building in a “margin of safety” in NMS assumptions
- Interpreting NEV results with NMS valuation
- Why is my NEV better than in NEV Supervisory Test?
- Range of Shock Tests in this Environment
- Baseline/Contingency Funding Tests’ assumptions
- Annually required What-Ifs & Sensitivity Analyses
- Backtesting exercises to validate your ALM results